Thursday, June 6, 2013

take me somewhere that this world can't provide

This song captures how I've been feeling lately. And I can't stop listening to it :)


[The Hummingbird Conductor Pt. 2]

Well I feel myself getting older and older
Lord, can you please make it stop?
I consume myself with the tasks of my labor
But how in the world could I ever have won?

Well I was born slaving to this way of thinking
But now I wanna be free
Take me somewhere that this world can't provide and
Change me from grain into wheat

This seems like a repeating bird
How long will it take me to learn
All the fabric of nature revers
A prayer can change all we've heard
Yeah it's true

And I wanna see your power at work
I wanna know how it feels
But every time I look in the mirror in my eyes
I see fear is my closest friend

But it doesn't end

Well sometimes I think I see God in a stranger
Down by the stream skipping rocks
Fifteen years is a long time to lay in the courtyard
Why don't you stand up and walk

And I'm tired of accepting the facts
Has changed all of that
Yeah it's true

And you make me feel like my heart is on fire
Rising up higher and higher
Help me forget what I learned of religion, now
make me again like a child

Lift your head from where you rest
There's no need to be in bed
Lift your head from where you rest
You're no longer bound to this
Lift your head and feel the peace
You are healed from broken means
Lift your head and feel the peace
You are healed from your disease

Dressed in righteousness alone
He heals the sick, He is our home
Dressed in righteousness alone
You heal the sick, You are my home

No comments:

Post a Comment