Thursday, March 7, 2013

a bit of paper, yarn & paint

So as stated in my earlier post this year, I've dedicated to at least creating something once a week. If it wasn't for my work environment, being exposed to arts and crafts of all mediums, I'd be screwed.

How many times have I gone on Pinterest and pinned endless amounts of pins for my [board]...and have done nothing?

A coworker of mine gave me the extra push to set out and just create.

Here's a look of what I've been creating thus far:


I helped my sister-in-laws and mother-in-law throw a beautiful, retro-style baby shower for my sister-in-law, Tamara. The theme was Mustache Bash, a popular favorite on Pinterest. Though it was post acid trauma, I still managed the energy to help out with decorations. Creating the banners were especially my favorites!


For one of my upcoming issues, Haute Handbags, I asked some of the editors and photographers to with me in creating altered totes for an upcoming challenge. I was super super nervous and stressed, afraid of what the outcome would look like. Despite the disadvantage of time, I was able to create this guy. Hopefully sometime in the future, I'll add some other embellishments before I can comfortably walk around with it.

My friend Bri aka Big Bri had her birthday a couple of weeks ago. Also her and her friend Dannah started a new wedding consultation company called Cafe I Do. So to celebrate her 23rd year of birth and her new endeavor, I made these little guys. I bought most of this stuff from my company's Shoppe at Somerset

I've been getting into calligraphy and doodling lately. Maybe I'll put some more on here. Eek.




No comments:

Post a Comment