Thursday, March 14, 2013

he's 29.

This is my husband. He just turned 29 this past Saturday. Such a cutie.

If you know him, then you know this: He doesn't like celebrating his birthday. And to some extent, I agree with his reasons. Don't want to be in the center of attention. Just want to keep it simple. 

But if you know me, then you know this: Everyone deserves a celebration for his/her birthday ... whether it's a big or small one. I've noticed each year for birthdays, it gets harder and harder trying to be creative with the presents I give him. One year, I gave him presents throughout the day. Another year I bought random knick knacks that reminded me of him with cute little post-its describing each one. And another year I bought him tickets for Wicked (can't beat that one!). This year, I flat out asked, "What do you want for your birthday?" Most married women can agree: It's better to ask him what he wants. But of course, the creative side came out and I found myself finding other pieces to go along with his present. And it worked. And he loved it. 

Toms. Johnny Cash. Dress socks. "Oh the Places You'll Go." 

For his birthday, we went to the place filled with art and lush gardens ... otherwise known as the Getty Museum in LA.


We went with a couple of our friends that day, and just spent a few hours admiring the scenery and artwork located on this hill. My personal favorites were paintings by Monet and Van Gogh. Being a history buff, he enjoyed reading the stories behind the different types of artwork. I loved how excited and intrigued he got reading each description. 




The day was just perfect for his 29th birthday. Worried that the couple days before filled with rain and not-so-fun weather would influence this day, the sun peaked out. I love celebrating each day with him, but I more so love spending his birthday with him. Who wouldn't want to treat their best friend out on their special day? 

I'm blessed to be his wife. 




Side note: The first time we went here was during our first Valentine's Day together.



2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh i'm featured on your blogggg! i feel so special right now! haha. love this post. you guys are adorable.. throwing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, and it won't be the last time either...:)

      Look for adventures of APT 213 ahead!

      Delete