Friday, March 29, 2013

peter rabbit

My friend, Liz, asked me to help out with her baby shower last November.

It was a lot of fun putting it together, but it was definitely a lot of work. Luckily I was smart enough to start researching and gathering stuff in the summer. But since I suffer from a disease known as "perfectionism," I had to make sure everything looked right, even if it meant staying up really late the week before the shower.

I've always admired the jobs of event planners, and always thought if I would like that job or not. In the past, I've helped with friends and family members put on parties; my forte was decorations (I'm still working on food ... thank you Pinterest!). I've always enjoyed just helping out with that; but this time I was given the bigger duty of taking care of ALL DECOR.

Despite the amount of work that went into it (and money), I really enjoyed planning some of the shower alongside her mom, Maria, and my good friend Megan. Perhaps I'll do more event planning in the future...

Here are some pictures from that day.






















Her baby shower is also featured in Mingle.

No comments:

Post a Comment